Friday, October 26, 2012

102612 If this cat has rabies, I'm dead.

102612  If this cat has rabies, I'm dead.
 
As a contractor in Afghanistan I'm bound by many (but not all) rules and regulations in place for military personnel here.  One of those rules is General Order 1A which says a bunch of stuff and among all that stuff it says that no personnel are permitted to "feed or have contact with the animals" here.  Per some of the attached link "the risk of rabies in Afghanistan is among the highest in the world ... Very severe illness; fatality rate higher than 50%".
 
Above are pics of "Danger".  Danger has been hanging around for a good 6 months or so behind the building where I work and I think Danger is sill a kitten. So when you pet her, she seems to think of it as play and scratches and bites a bit.  She doesn't bit or scratch hard but it is enough to draw blood, and she has done so several times.  She is still a good cat, but it turns out that she has rabies, I'm dead.
 
R/Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment