Monday, November 12, 2012

110912 Previous correction and life in the dorms

110912 Previous correction and life in the dorms

In a previous post (below) I mention the cat 'Danger' and the fact that I've been scratched many times by her.  I also state "..but it turns out that she has rabies, I'm dead." I should have said "...but IF it turns out that she has rabies, I'm dead."  I really should proof read my writing more.  The cat (and me) seem to be doing fine so it's I hoping 'no rabies'.  Rabies does kill about 1500 people a year in Afghanistan so it's certainly not something to take lightly.  I've not allowed myself to be scratched since.

http://www.indexmundi.com/afghanistan/major_infectious_diseases.html
 
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/afghanistan.htm

Also the I live in a dorm-like facility here.  It's a big 'mortar-proof' building with solid steel walls, a kevlar roof and blast doors.  As far as I know this base has never taken a mortar hit (unlike Iraq where it was a daily occurrance.)  The US bases outside of Kabul do get mortared all the time but being so near 'down town' Kabul makes it very difficult to aim a mortar at this base
Right now on the first floor of Freedom Hall (where I bunk) there are 3 working bathrooms (two on one end and one on the other end.)  The other bathroom has been 'Being Fixed' since I got here.  I wonder if it will be fixed before I leave?
R/Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment