Wednesday, November 21, 2012

112112 Suicide Bomber and last attack of the season?

112112 Suicide Bomber and last attack of the season?

Today the morning was interrupted by a boom.  From where I was located I did not consider it very close given the loudness it made.  Anyway, I headed to

breakfast while Italian, Macedonian and US security forces scampered about seeming to determine what was going on and how to coordinate efforts. 

Technically, the base was in immediate lockdown and technically I should 'seek cover and remain in place'….but I was hungry.
So I made it breakfast and by then Security had gotten their act together and guards we now posted everywhere and now I couldn't leave.  That lasted for about

30 minutes before the 'ALL CLEAR' was sounded and people could again move about freely. 
Evidently two suicide bombers had attacked the wall and one blew enough of the wall away to make an opening but the other was shot/killed while attempting

to get through.  (see link below)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/21/us-afghanistan-blast-idUSBRE8AK06M20121121

It's November and its getting cold here and the Taliban usually don't do much in cold weather.  But it's not that cold and it's still clear (but it may snow this

week) so maybe this is the last attack of the season?
R/Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment