Monday, June 18, 2012

061812 To the airport and back and a new shirt


061812 To the airport and back and a new shirt
Today I got to drive to the airport again (for only my second time off base in about 6 months) to drop  off a coworker going on R&R.  While there we swap vehicles as ours was being serviced.  Even in AF you don't want a 'lemon' vehicle so the vehicle is serviced at No-Lemon!   Also driving along the roads here it looks very much like parts of Tijuana, Bangkok, Mombasa or Manila (having been to all four.)   There are donkeys, goats and garbage.  It's typical 'third world'.  I've also included a pic a thistle  that added some color to an otherwise barren environment.  The airport isn't a busy airport but there are twice weekly flights to Moscow, daily flights to Tehran and obviously Air Emirates flys cargo here (see pic.)   And I got a new shirt in the mail so I thought I'd throw in a pic as well.  The Toyota vehicle behind me is an armor plated with bullet proof glass (well, at least to a .22 cal.).  Just about every passenger vehicle here is 'up-armored' and drives 'like a tank' too but with 1 inch glass and no, the windows don't come down. 
Not a bad way to start off the week, a trip to the airport and a new shirt.
R/Chris

1 comment:

  1. Great photos Chris! You're right, it does look a lot like Tijuana.

    ReplyDelete