Monday, June 4, 2012

060512 My first trip onto the streets of Kabul, where you drive on the right side of the road...usually.

060512 My first trip onto the streets of Kabul, where you drive on the right side of the road...usually.
 
Yesterday a driver was needed to go over to KIA (Kabul International Airport) and pick up an FNG (F@#$%^g New Guy.)  So I said sure!  I've not been off base for 5 months now and I get to drive!  Frankly Kabul is like any other third world city.  The streets here look very similar to what you'd find in Mexico, Bangkok or the Philippines, but with maybe more guns.  Anyway, the traffic laws are somewhat relaxed and as you can see in the pics above, cars go everywhere.  There are typical street vendors, bikes and motorbikes (aka potential VBIEDs) on the road as well.  And in Kabul, you drive on the right side of the road...usually.
R/Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment