Friday, June 1, 2012

060112 My Oakey sunglasses, you get what you pay for

060112 My Oakey sunglasses, you get what you pay for
One of the things that is cheap overseas is sunglasses.  But then again, are they really?  I bought my first set of 'haji' sunglasses a few weeks back and I was 'guaranteed' that they were genuine.  Of course Oakley sunglasses do not go by the brand name of 'Oakey' so that was a tip off but I bit anyway (first pair $25.)  Anyway, within a week the cheapo nose piece fell off and I finally got a chance to go back to the bazaar and for only $10, I bought a replacement.  I bit again and wasn't more than 10 feet away when a lense fell out of that pair.  So I went back for a third and ended up with the sunglasses above.  Now I got to go back to the office and 'pay' more in further humiliation.  Evidently haji sunglasses go for only $7!  Eh, you get what you pay for.
R/Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment