Wednesday, July 4, 2012

070312 4th of July, baseball and blue sky

070312 4th of July, baseball and blue sky
I've been asked a few times what my plans are for the 4th of July while in Kabul.  I'll be doing the same thing that I do every day while over here...working.  Some contracts allow for a 6 day work week.  The one that I work on doesn't.  And heck what would you do on a day off?  Anyway, tomorrow is the 4th of July and I'll try to take some pics and post.  With any luck it'll be my last 4th of July overseas.  Above are some pics of the baseball/soccer field which also is used by the locals for the bazaar on Fridays.  It's a perfect 93F today.  You can see some of the hills nearby and the wall of the 'inner-sanctum.'  There are various walls on base that serve defense and security purposes.  I live inside the outer wall but work inside the most inner wall.  Think medieval castle and you get the idea.
R/Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment