Friday, January 6, 2012

06JAN12 It's still snowing and cold and I'm wearing no gloves

06JAN12 It's still snowing and cold and I'm wearing no gloves

It's been snowing/raining here the last few days and this morning was sunny and bright and cold.  If it's so cold why am I not weaing gloves?  When I came to Afghanistan on the last flight there was a strict weight limit (30 kg, which is about 66 lbs).  Now just the two computers I was carrying was 15 lbs. I had to ration just about everything else and my final carry-on weight was 65 lbs.  There were others at the gate in Dubai tossing out stuff just to meet the weight limit of the final flight.  Anyway, here are a few pics from this morning taken from the balcony of one of the coffee shops and one pic taken in DeStille garden.  The hills in the one pic are just that, hills.  Ususally they're just brown.  The mountains (Hindu Kush range, slighty visible to the right) are further away and are snow covered all year round.  DeStill garden is a patio area where you can sit outside and enjoy a meal or coffee.  The pics were taken in the morning and by the end of the day much of the snow was gone (and the drab was back), but it was still cold.
R/Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment