Monday, April 30, 2012

050112 May Day in Kabul

050112 May Day in Kabul
Today is the 1st of May in Kabul and the grass and trees are green with fresh growth.  Soon the roses will start blooming I'll then be reading more reports of poppy eradification out in the field.  The temps are in the 70s/low 80s during the day here while in Balad (where I was stationed in Iraq), it's now over 100F.  Also in the pic my ID is turned over intentionally.  It was pointed out to me that the image could be enlarged to produce a duplicate badge.  So best to error on the side of OPSEC and turn it over.  I (and everyone including military) must wear a badge at all times that is visible 'between the waist and neck.'  If ever I leave the office and I'm not wearing a badge I immediatly 'feel it'.  As if I felt a bit naked.  Also from the pic I'm pretty dang white.  Since I've been on night shift I've not been running during the day like I did in Iraq. Also I'm still in the habit of sunscreen 'every where, every day'.  I suppose it's not hurting me.  Anyway.  It's May Day in Kabul.
R/Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment